Sistaco is proud to be non toxic! But what does that mean?
There are thousands of chemicals that our bodies are perfectly fine with but there are some toxins that we are probably best to avoid when we can. These more serious toxins are found in traditional nail polishes. We want you to be able to express your style in a in a safe and ethical way which is why our products DO NOT carry the following harmful toxins:
Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen that is toxic to the organ and immune system.
FORMALDEHYDE RESIN FREE
Derived from formaldehyde, this chemical may not be as toxic, however it is a known allergen which has been found to cause skin irritations as well as eye and lung irritation when inhaled.
Toluene is well reported to be toxic to the nervous system, can cause developmental damage to unborn babies and is linked to malignant lymphoma. It not only impairs breathing, it can cause immediate nausea
Camphor has been found to have caused liver damage ain some rare cases after being applied to skin and has also been linked to seizures after being ingested into the body.
DIBUTYL PHTHALATE FREE
DBP can be disruptive to the endocrine system. The endocrine system is responsible for producing essential hormones that regulate the body’s metabolism, growth and development, tissue function, sexual function, sleep and mood. Dibutyl phthalate has been reported to be toxic to the reproductive system and unborn babies as well as having some involvement in promoting obesity.
ETHYL TOSYLAMIDE FREE
This chemical is banned in the UK due to its antibacterial properties and concernes over antibiotic resistance.
Xylene is another known allergen and possible carcinogen.
Parabens can mimic estrogen and reduce the production of this important hormone in women. This increases the risk of breast cancer.
Lead can cross the placental barrier, which means pregnant women who are exposed to lead also expose their unborn child. Lead can damage a developing baby's nervous system.